New South Wales is one of the most attractive of all the Australian states, and this is where a vast majority of both foreign and domestic tourists head. Occupying the South East section of the Australian coast, the NSW capital city is Sydney, and the surrounding Blue Mountains, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here are the top 5 tours to book when travelling to New South Wales, in no particular order.
- Sydney Whale Watching – This presents a glorious opportunity to have a close encounter with Humpback Whales and find out for yourself why whale watching in Sydney has become a booming industry. These amazing creatures naturally migrate along that stretch of water, heading for the rich krill waters in Antarctica, or spending time at the northern tip of the Great Barrier Reef. From April to November is your best chance of having a close encounter, and with the whales’ spectacular array of surface behaviours, you won’t be disappointed. Booking well in advance is recommended, and a Google search will help you find a Sydney-based whale watching tour operator.
- Blue Mountain Helicopter Tour– The best way to see the Blue Mountains is definitely from the air, and a typical tour would be around 90 minutes, during which you will see some great views of the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. A low-level pass along Bondi Beach is followed by the amazing Blue Mountains, and you stop for lunch at one of the 5-star restaurants and wineries, where you can sample some of the best wines Australia has to offer.
- Sydney and Bondi Bus Tour – Not to be missed, this tour on a double decker bus incorporates more than 30 stops, including the Opera House, the Harbour and, of course, a visit to the famous Bondi Beach. The great thing about this tour is you can have 24 or 48-hour tickets, which lets you spend as much time at any attraction, before moving on to the next.
- Blue Mountains Day Trip & Cruise– Visit the World Heritage Site of the Blue Mountains, with a stop off at The Three Sisters at Echo Point, where you can take in the stunning views of Jameson Valley. Lunch is served at an award-winning restaurant, followed by a river cruise than ends at Sydney Harbour.
- Sydney Harbour Dinner Cruise – Your visit to NSW would simply not be complete without a dinner cruise in Sydney Harbour, and this two-and-a-half-hour cruise takes in all the best spots in the harbour, including Sydney Opera House and of course, the Harbour Bridge. A team of international chefs compile a delicious menu, in a 3-course meal that is fit for a king. Live music and dancing can be enjoyed on this the most romantic of dinner cruises, which is an ideal location for popping that magical question.
If you are holidaying in Australia, you simply must spend some time in NSW, and with the above tours, you can experience the magic of this lush and fertile land that is crammed with stunning attractions.